Re: Euphoria's identity/philosophy -- Where is the focus?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

How many different ways are there to replace that jet engine? I don't think there are very many. I'm pretty sure it has to be done in one way, step-by-step. I don't think Joe will have a different style of replacing the engine than Bob does. I don't think Bob is thinking, "If I could just replace this engine in this way, instead of that way, it would make so much more sense to me."

There are ways of programming that make it easier for some to write one way, and others to write in a different way, but both get the job done. And just because your way makes more sense to you when you write it, it doesn't mean that somebody working on your code at a later date will understand it better than the way someone else may have written it.

Reducing the number of necessary available and useful tools when replacing a jet engine is good. Reducing the number of available and useful tools when programming is not so good.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu