Re: Euphoria's identity/philosophy -- Where is the focus?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Those of us who have a better memory would probably say that "design by committee" is working much better than the "benevolent dictator" version, simply because Rob was extremely reluctant to add anything to Euphoria, no matter how many requests were made. He had the right to do that, of course, but the lack of 'modern' features probably turned off a lot of would-be Eu programmers.

Now, of course, the opposite situation exists - there are more features than I generally need. Just because I don't need them at the moment doesn't mean no one else needs them, or that I won't need them in the future.

Just because it was (usually) possible to extent Eu 3 with your own code to do whatever it was you needed done, does not mean that I also prefer to waste time writing my version of the same functions. Functions which would probably be incompatible with everyone elses' versions.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu