Re: getting started with GUI

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi

EuWinGui is a great 'starter' GUI, and very good for whipping up quick and dirty apps up. It does work with eu4, I've resolved a bug where it crashes on opening a new project, and am in the process of adding registry support so that is knows where it lives, and can open previous projects.

There are undoubtedly 'better' more comprehensive GUI designers and toolkits out there, but for simplicity, IMHO, nothing beats it.

Arwen is a close second, but it has no designer, which is its downfall.

IUP has a different look and feel to the finished projects. Again no designer, but is cross platform.

Win32 libs IDE was the best windows designer, but hasn't been updated for a while now, has issues with manifests on XP, and I suspect may have problems on later windows, but haven't used it recently so can't confirm that, and in any case is being eclipsed wxEu. Also cross platform.

If you haven't written eu programs before, seriously, start with some console programs - programming controls can be a headache in itself. A great place to start would be converting some old basic programs, check out the wumpus gane that I converted form the Atari Basic website (search this forum for the wumpus)

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu