Re: I don't like the intro page of the documentation.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

Grabing ideas from everyone, here is my next re-write. The final vession will have screen-grabs. The "proof" essays still to be written. Kat's analogy looks like a keeper.

OpenEuphoria

OpenEuphoria is...fast | flexible | friendly...the programming language with great features.

mongoose.png

How about a mouseover or alt text there to say it's a mongoose and why?

_tom said...

Accelerate your programming.
Euphoria programs just run faster. The eui interpreter--likely the fastest you will encounter--provides rapid program development.

Then, if you want to,

_tom said...

Then, euc compiles your programs into self-contained executables that are faster again. Euphoria speed does not compromise subscript checking, uninitialized variable checking, garbage collection, and numerous other run-time checks.

Hyperlinks for in-depth reading.
The following isn't showing in creole without the curly braces, consider this my bug notification of the problem:

[quote _tom] 
;Accommodate you needs.  
[/quote] 
But you don't know my needs. Besides, "your", not "you".

_tom said...

Euphoria gives you flexibility and power.

web.png win.png wx.png gtk.png

Euphoria is a general purpose, versatile, multi-gui, multi-platform, and portable. Write at a high level and yet interface to C

DLLs if you want

_tom said...

. Unique simplified data handling requires only atoms/sequences. The standard library provides plenty of utility.

Accomplish more.
Euphoria is small and friendly: easy to read, easy to learn, and easy to use. Atoms/sequences are higher level and easier to use than conventional data-types. Write code the way you want with simple English words and freeform layout. Euphoria is responsive and gives useful error messages when you need them. Euphoria is supported with GUI libraries, tracing, testing, documentation tools, editing choices, sample programs, and a helpful forum.

I'd hyperlink each of GUI libraries, tracing, testing, documentation tools, editing choices, sample programs, and a helpful forum. To separate pages, even, for some indepth non-distracting reading of each topic, with examples. The wiki should be used too.

_tom said...

Euphoria is free, open source, and actively being developed.

----------------------------------------- 
-- Euphoria is powerful  
sequence nums = { 5, 6, 7 }  
? nums * 2  
-- Output: { 10, 12, 14 }  
? nums * { 2, 3, 4 }  
-- Output: { 10, 18, 28 } 

-- Euphoria is flexible  
while 1 label "families" do  
  while 1 do -- labels are optional  
    while 1 label "children" do  
      exit "families" -- exit top level while  
    end while  
  end while  
end while 

I am not sure how this is laid out on the page, but i suggest two columns here, your multiply in one and a foreach in the other, then below those with your "while" in one, and an equally good "case" demo in the other. I'd then mention the interesting way you can jump into a while loop to emulate "repeat-until" loops, and the controlled "goto" to get you out of loops of any depth or complexity. Some mention should be made of tasks.e multitasking.

_tom said...

-- Euphoria is innovative  
integer easy = 1_923_993, hard = 1923993  
printf(1, "%d = %d\n", { easy, hard })  
-- Output: 1923993 = 1923993  
A one-of-a-kind language.
Euphoria has a unique data-type design. Three easy to learn built-in data-types achieve what in a conventional language requires many, harder to learn, concepts. Imagine our mongoose having a meal. An atom is just a bite: a single number, integer, or character. A sequence is the complete meal or entire buffet: mixed values, list, array, tree, string, nested, or flat. An object is universal and dynamic; you can taste just one bite or have the buffet.

Yes, it is true.
Euphoria users are understandably enthusiastic. With little effort you can confirm, for yourself, that Euphoria is an exceptional programming language. To learn more about Euphoria just try it out--download one 12MB

zip or rar (and link to current stable version, with the docs)

_tom said...

file, install quickly on Windows, Unix (Linux, BSD, ...), or OS X, and get a ready to use programming environment with documentation and sample programs.

<snip>

Looking really good, Tom.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu