Re: I don't like the intro page of the documentation.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Right, but I think that you could argue that the datatype design as a whole is unique, even though it contains features from other languages.

Lisp has atoms and lists and of course lists can contain atoms or other lists or even functions (which are just lists or atoms themselves), etc., but it's not a procedural language. I don't know if you can define user-types with boundary checking and error conditions, although apparently understanding Lisp is one of those things that elevates you above mere mortals.

Isn't using Java's Vectors and C#'s Lists way more complicated as well? Can they easily contain arbitrary mixed data like sequences do?

lua has sequences too, but their type system is more complicated than Euphoria's I think.

I don't know much about Icon, although a quick scan of the Wikipedia page shows it has arbitrary lists.

Maybe "unique" is a little strong.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu