Re: FreeLibrary()

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

Since you use the w32api to unload the shared object, the backend/runtime doesn't know that the shared object has been unloaded and keeps those wrappers around, wasting memory. AFAIK there's no way to free that memory short of ending the entire program.

9 kilobytes for a single define_c_func() call seems excessive, though. I was expecting more like 10 bytes or something (which times a million would only take up under 10 megabytes). Hopefully Matt can shed some light on this.

I'm not so sure that this is the full story now.

I tried cutting out std/dll.e entirely here, using only the operating system library (plus a small helper c lib to deal with the E_SEQUENCE transition), and on startup it uses 14MB but then only uses 2MB more (16MB total) for 10k runs.

However, for 90k runs (which takes 27 seconds), it uses 75MB total.

http://openeuphoria.org/pastey/155.wc

I even tried cutting out the calls to the helper lib, in case repeated c_func() calls or the creation of new sequences was the culprit, but I still saw 75MB after 90k runs.

I guess even using dlclose() doesn't do the job.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu