Re: Euphoria 4.0 beta 1 is released!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...
tiger0581 said...

When I downloaded euphoria-4.0b1.tar.gz and uncompressed it, there was no exu, bindu, ecu, ETC. There was a directory called "source" though.

The binaries have been renamed. There no longer is exu, ecu or ecu.a, they are now all uniform on all the platforms. eui is the interpreter, euc is the translator/compiler, eu.a is the library.

As for bindu, that does exist in the euphoria-4.0b1.tag.gz, however, it does not exist in euphoria-src-4.0b1.tar.gz. Are you sure you didn't download this file instead? The -src file does not include binaries either. Also, this is a bug. In 4.0b2, bindu will be named bind, as to make all commands the same on all platforms.

Jeremy

I didn't realize the binaries were renamed. I looked for "exu" and since it wasn't there, I figured I didn't have the binaries. I looked again and I do have eui, euc, ETC. Thanks.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu