Re: New switch/case idea

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
achury said...

This theme was voted at dev mail list, but now there are more opinions.

I prefer non fall thru as default, as is common situations like apps processing the next key or token as ed.ex

Non-fall through is the default. The opinions shared here were taken into account, and I really think we came up with a good solution.

achury said...

do is redundant, as is redundant on for instruction but this is solved with auto completion editor. Editor can also add break for each "case"

'do' is redundant everywhere, but it's standard euphoria.

achury said...

If use switch cause confusion to C or JAVA users. Change to BASIC style using "select" or "on"

No, I think we're going to stick with what we've got. It's very usable, and I think fits very well within euphoria. We've taken a common programming structure, and adapted it to euphoria. That said, I think that everyone can probably find something about it that they don't like, which is the nature of compromise and consensus, which is how euphoria's switch evolved.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu