Re: Matt versus Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

What are you still doing up, you old curmudgeon grin

jiri said...

I was also under impression that the new version of euphoria had forward referencing. I tried to re-arrange several of my pet projects using version 4.0a2. None of them worked, period.

If at all possible, could you spare some of your remaining life to tell us, in detail, about what you've found. If there are bugs here we need to know about them.

jiri said...

I was talking about the need (or lack of it!) to *declare* any type of a variable

This could be ambiguous, Jiri. Are you saying that there should be no need to declare variables at all? Or is it just that when we declare varaibles, we should not need to say what type it is?

jiri said...

And again, I was not referring to your colons at all, I was talking about a dot notation as used commonly in many languages to denote elements of data structures.

This is something that is seriously being considered for a future release.

An awful lot of ideas have been put forward for Euphoria's future look, and there is no way we can implement them all at once - unless you wanted to wait for a few years. So one of the decisions we made was to concentrate on those changes that might cause v3.1 programs to break. In other words, we wanted to get all the conversion issues dealt with as early as possible. So a lot of the non-breaking enhancements have been deferred until a release after v4.0.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu