1. CEAN / CPAN / Pete's site

Forked from Re: Widget Toolkits

axtens_bruce said...
ChrisB said...

And I still think the biggest issue is a lack of well trumpeted, curated and maintained archive of libraries and programs for people to install and try out.

CEAN - Comprehensive Euphoria Archive Network

-Bruce

I agree, and Pete's site, CK's site both exist, but they aren't trumpeted, they aren't easy to post to, and they aren't curated.

What can we do to change that

• Trumpet - direct people from the main home page, or even from the downloads page.
  • Allow posting, or use an email address to post to. Soemthing similar to the original Rob Craigs system.
  • Curate - someone to work their way through the postings, test and categorise. (me eg)
  • Make non reliant on Rapideuphoria storage
  • Other things that I haven't thought of here, that will make a top class, easy to download, showcase of programs that don't rely on degree level knowledge of GITHub.

Cheers Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: CEAN / CPAN / Pete's site

ChrisB said...
  • Other things that I haven't thought of here, that will make a top class, easy to download, showcase of programs that don't rely on degree level knowledge of GITHub.

Include in each download ALL the include files needed to make it run . . . bare OE/Phix install, plus one application download, it just runs.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: CEAN / CPAN / Pete's site

ChrisB said...

I agree, and Pete's site, CK's site both exist...

I no longer manage a Euphoria site. If you're talking about UsingEuphoria.com, that's run by @ghaberek now.

4. Re: CEAN / CPAN / Pete's site

Yeah, That's what I meant, apologies to Gregg. (see, trumpetting)

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu