1. LibUSB Wrapper

Hello all,

This isn't a April Fool's joke, I assure you. I have made a wrapper for LibUSB. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it. Greg's FFI library has made it much more feasible to make a wrapper for LibUSB. *wink* There's a lot of structs in it, lol.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: LibUSB Wrapper

While I can't make immediate use of it, may I respectfully request that a link to it be put on the 'downloads' tab. Include with it all the other libraries. This would make it helpful for new users as they find their feet with Euphoria.

-Bruce

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: LibUSB Wrapper

Ooh, yes, definitely!

4. Re: LibUSB Wrapper

Here's the repo: https://github.com/gAndy50/EuLibUSB

I don't have any examples right now as I couldn't find any real world examples to make a Euphoria version for. The wrapper is complete though.

All my wrappers/libraries can be found on my Github.

5. Re: LibUSB Wrapper

Your .e tests for WINDOWS , LINUX , FREEBSD but not APPLE or anything else. This could cause the test for usb = -1 to not fail (you initialised it to zero) and the program run on to crash. I set vars to fail and get the code to "fix" the value so it is acceptable to run.

I was looking for a feature list, a reason to use the library, or a list of requirements, i didn't find one.

Kat

6. Re: LibUSB Wrapper

katsmeow said...

Your .e tests for WINDOWS , LINUX , FREEBSD but not APPLE or anything else. This could cause the test for usb = -1 to not fail (you initialised it to zero) and the program run on to crash. I set vars to fail and get the code to "fix" the value so it is acceptable to run.

I was looking for a feature list, a reason to use the library, or a list of requirements, i didn't find one.

Kat

I'll add a check for Apple OS devices. LibUSB is a library for sending data to and from USB devices.

EDIT: The check for OSX is now in the code.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu