1. JSON (and others) serialize/deserialize?

What library code is there for serialization and deserialization to JSON and to other serialisation technologies like YAML, TOML, BSON etc?

-Bruce

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: JSON (and others) serialize/deserialize?

axtens_bruce said...

What library code is there for serialization and deserialization to JSON and to other serialisation technologies like YAML, TOML, BSON etc?

To my other point about packages, Euphoria is way behind on these things. You pretty much have to imagine we're still in 2008 (because we basically are) and only recently have I been trying to bring things into the modern age. So there's nothing official for any of these at the moment. I wrote a relatively simple JSON parser for Euphoria MVC but it still needs work and I plan to pull it into the standard library.

One thing worth noting is that there's a difference between serializing Euphoria objects into a given format and reading/writing data in that format (my JSON parser is the latter). So if you're looking for options to serialize Euphoria objects in general, there's std/serialize.e which uses Euphoria's own binary object notation, as well as std/eds.e which is the Euphoria Database library (and uses std/serialize.e internally).

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu