1. Looking for 4.05

I'm trying to install Euphoria on a windows machine that has never had any version of Euphoria installed. My old computer appears to have had EU 4.05 installed, but it died. I was able to scrape all of the folders and files that relate to Euphoria, so I'm comfortable once it is installed I'll be able to restore whatever libraries, includes and files I used.

My goal is to double click on a relatively small .exw file and have it run.

So I turned to the versions page in the thought I would download and install version 4.05. But I couldn't find 4.05 listed anywhere. Can anybody give me a link to an executable which will install EU 4.05?

I have an eu.cfg file populated with:

[all] -i c:\eu\eu405\include -i c:\eu\eu405\win32lib\include

And I know I have to set an environment variable on the path which points to the bin directory.

But that is all I remember

Thanks... and Happy New Year to everybody.

mike

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Looking for 4.05

Mike777b said...

I'm trying to install Euphoria on a windows machine that has never had any version of Euphoria installed. My old computer appears to have had EU 4.05 installed, but it died. I was able to scrape all of the folders and files that relate to Euphoria, so I'm comfortable once it is installed I'll be able to restore whatever libraries, includes and files I used.

So I turned to the versions page in the thought I would download and install version 4.05. But I couldn't find 4.05 listed anywhere. Can anybody give me a link to an executable which will install EU 4.05?

And I know I have to set an environment variable on the path which points to the bin directory.

mike

This folder has all about Euphoria 4.5
https://app.box.com/s/d5ikkli96dwzijyn3iuntrbapocdefn2
Happy new year and hope it works for you.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Looking for 4.05

Mike777b said...

mike

Please do not download files from third-party sites.

You can find the packages for 4.0.5 here: https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/euphoria/releases/tag/4.0.5

(I realize GitHub is also a "third-party" site but it's our third-party site.)

I was unaware the PriorReleases page only went up to 4.0.4. I will update it shortly. Never mind, that page is ridiculous and the way I have the web server configured it won't take that big of a page, sorry.

-Greg

4. Re: Looking for 4.05

Greg says "Please do not download files from third-party sites."
I had pointed to a Box.com site where all the different versions of Euphoria have been uploaded by a friend who is/was an Euphoria fan.
He was very upset with the parochial attitude of some of the people here who kept on kicking out good posters.
When I see a request for any old Euphoria file, I will try and post a Box.com link to download from.
You made Euphoria a public property, so please leave it at that.

5. Re: Looking for 4.05

ghaberek said...

Please do not download files from third-party sites.

I was unaware the PriorReleases page only went up to 4.0.4. I will update it shortly. Never mind, that page is ridiculous and the way I have the web server configured it won't take that big of a page, sorry.

I can only go by Developer Tools/View Page Source, but it did not seem it would be terribly difficult to split that into six (or so) sub-pages, plus a seventh for 4.0.5
(erm, actually I didn't realise I wasn't signed it, it seems even easier now, apart from me not knowing what to put on the new 4.0.5 sub-page)

Bhupen1277 said...

He was very upset with the parochial attitude

Erm, happy new year and all that, but generally the one who is upset (Navin I assume) is usually the one being unreasonable.
That said, maybe this site should allow such 3rd party links, as long as they are clearly marked "Warning: we cannot verify those files have not been tampered with",
at least until such time as they are properly available in an official/approved way, and, as just done, shoot down any unofficial when official does exist.

6. Re: Looking for 4.05

Just to go on record:
I replied to the request for 4.5 files withing a few hours.
It took somebody else 2 days for somebody to reply again!
Happy New year to everybody.

7. Re: Looking for 4.05

Bhupen1277 said...

I had pointed to a Box.com site where all the different versions of Euphoria have been uploaded by a friend who is/was an Euphoria fan.
He was very upset with the parochial attitude of some of the people here who kept on kicking out good posters.
When I see a request for any old Euphoria file, I will try and post a Box.com link to download from.

I'm exhausted. Burnt out. And I'm really getting sick of asking for help and only getting shit like this instead. If you think you can do a better job, speak up.

-Greg

8. Re: Looking for 4.05

ghaberek said...
Bhupen1277 said...

I'm exhausted. Burnt out. And I'm really getting sick of asking for help and only getting shit like this instead. If you think you can do a better job, speak up.

-Greg

I don't know why you feel offended. somebody has diligently kept all versions ever posted on Euphoria website and kept them stocked in a free site called Box.net. If anybody is looking for something form the old Euphoria and asking on this forum for it, I feel I should satisfy the need. There is no need to be paranoid about it. Not everybody out there is trying to plant bugs in your software. The more accessible sites like Gits are more susceptible to hacking then storage sites like Box and many others.

9. Re: Looking for 4.05

Bhupen1277 said...

somebody has diligently kept all versions ever posted on Euphoria website and kept them stocked in a free site called Box.net.

It's always best to get any app or source from official sources, simply because it's easier to trust the official source. You don't know if code has been tampered with in other repos. Sure, the official repo could have been compromised, but it's less likely than some random stranger's Box repo.

That's just common sense.

10. Re: Looking for 4.05

It is also common sense to download about 200-300 files from a friend's storage - compare them with the original Euphoria files and accept them as genuine, before suggesting any particular file or version to another help-seeker.
There is software out there to compare files.
There is also an unreasonable paranoia because the file was not downloaded from the "right" place
Perhaps you should look at the news of various "reputable sites" constantly being hacked. Those hacks are done very quickly and quietly and it takes some time and a lot of damage before the hack is discovered.
Have you heard of raw diamonds being shipped from South Africa to Holland without insurance? No thief knows about them and they arrive safely. That is the methodology that is very sound. It seems I will have to move the files from the current storage to another location.

11. Re: Looking for 4.05

ghaberek said...

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, the only thing worse than criticism is no criticism at all. HTH, take a well deserved break.

12. Re: Looking for 4.05

Thank you, folks, for the speedy response to my initial enquiry. Reading the documentation contained in the original response was quite helpful, as was the followup with the formally approved files.

I successfully restored my project.

mike

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu