1. PSCP.EXE

Whilst still a dauntingly long way off, Phix on ARM (/Raspberry Pi) took a major step forward today with my discovery of one little vital ingredient: pscp.exe, which I'd never head of before today.
At least and at long last I am finally in a position to twiddle every now and then.

That was triggered by noticing on my github feed one ghaberek had starred an assembly tutorial, which prompts me to say: the dark side beckons (tee hee).

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: PSCP.EXE

petelomax said...

Whilst still a dauntingly long way off, Phix on ARM (/Raspberry Pi) took a major step forward today with my discovery of one little vital ingredient: pscp.exe, which I'd never head of before today.
At least and at long last I am finally in a position to twiddle every now and then.

That was triggered by noticing on my github feed one ghaberek had starred an assembly tutorial, which prompts me to say: the dark side beckons (tee hee).

Haha good to know I'm getting noticed. When I want to develop from my Windows machine to a Raspberry Pi, I'll usually set up a Samba share to my home directory on the Pi so I can open and edit files in Windows, and then use an SSH terminal (PuTTY) to actually run and test the files. This approach feels nearly the same as developing locally.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: PSCP.EXE

ghaberek said...

Haha good to know I'm getting noticed. When I want to develop from my Windows machine to a Raspberry Pi, I'll usually set up a Samba share to my home directory on the Pi so I can open and edit files in Windows, and then use an SSH terminal (PuTTY) to actually run and test the files. This approach feels nearly the same as developing locally.

-Greg

I do the same! In fact, I always have at least one Linux server, mainly for file servers, and always have SSH set up as well. I started testing Euphoria on a Raspberry Pi about a year ago to read 1-wire temperature sensors, and I always use SSH and Samba so I don't have to connect anything to it other than power and an Ethernet cable (and the sensors to the GPIO header, of course), and it runs in the back room.

4. Re: PSCP.EXE

petelomax said...

That looks extremely useful for automating file access to a VPS over the Internet.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu