1. eubind -icon option not working?

The documentation says: When you bind your program, you can substitute your own 32x32 256-color icon file of size 2238 bytes or less.

When I use eubind (Euphoria 4.1.0, Windows 10), the exe file has the Euphoria icon, regardless of what icon file I specify with the -icon option. As I don't even get an error message when I specify a non-existing icon, it seems the binder entirely ignores -icon?

The problem is, when I try to change the icon of the bound file - I've tried Resource Hacker and GConvert - I end up with a corrupted exe file that doesn't run.

I used to compile my Euphoria programs, which let me specify the desired icon in the hy.rc file, which worked fine, but I've had unexplained crashes in a compiled program that didn't happen in the bound version, so I don't trust the translator/compiler process anymore.

Am I missing something? Is there any way I can use my own icon for a bound Euphoria program?

Thank you!
Robert

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Even worse: -con doesn't work either?

I just found that eubind -con doesn't seem to work either. I absolutely need this.

The eubind help says "ignored when shrouding" both regarding the -con and -icon options, so this may be where the problem lies, but how can I bind without shrouding?

Seriously hoping for help!
Robert

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Even worse: -con doesn't work either?

Sadly, binding with an icon has been broken for years.

4. Re: Even worse: -con doesn't work either?

ryanj said...

Sadly, binding with an icon has been broken for years.

If I haven't missed something, the most recent version is from February 2015, so, anything that's broken now must have been broken for at least seven years.

Euphoria is a wonderful language, but is anyone still working on it? I'm not talking about new features, but, fixing some bugs? I can code my way around some issues, and I'm happy enough with eui as it is, but I'm helpless when it comes to problems with eubind or euc, and, of course, I want to be able to make exe files.

Is there any hope that eubind -con and -icon will one day work again, as they had done in times gone by?

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu