1. FilterDemo

Hey, how is everyone? It's been awhile!

I've been learning about digital filters and made a quick demo of a BiQuadFilter using my RedyLib GUI.

It's based on https://arachnoid.com/BiQuadDesigner/, which is a pretty interesting read! This demo has 3 sliders: Zoom, Frequency, and Noise. Adjust to see how the filter responds. The filter is currently set to be a 55Hz bandpass. It is possible to change the filter by replacing the hard-coded coefficient values. I will probably add more features to this later, but for now, it's just to prove to myself that the filter works, and to test performance of the RedyLib drawing code.

Feel free to download and try FilterDemo v0.1. The easiest way to run it is to download and unzip RedyCode, unzip the FilterDemo, and associate .redy files with RedyCode.exe, so you can simply open the FilterDemo.redy project in RedyCode, and then click Run.

https://redy-project.org/files/projects/2022-04-18%2020_26_44-FilterDemo.png

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: FilterDemo

Hi

The beginnings of RedySynth?

Cheers Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: FilterDemo

ryanj said...

I ... made a quick demo of a BiQuadFilter using my RedyLib GUI.

Very impressive! Nice work.

4. Re: FilterDemo

ChrisB said...

The beginnings of RedySynth?

I would love to make a synth! If only euphoria had multi-threading...

5. Re: FilterDemo

euphoric said...
ryanj said...

I ... made a quick demo of a BiQuadFilter using my RedyLib GUI.

Very impressive! Nice work.

Thanks! the actual filter formula was surprisingly simple. The hardest part was spending dozens of hours researching what terms I needed to research, just to learn the basic concepts. I'll definitely be able to use what I learned for some real-world applications.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu