1. Orx Engine Wrapper Update #3

I just pushed what I've been working on for the past couple weeks.

Changes include:

• splitting up functions into original files and folders (keeping the original EuOrx.ew, etc. for now)
  • added a variety of "quality of life" functions to orxDecl.e to make wrapping easier and less error-prone
  • added a bunch of notes and details to NOTES.md about my wrapping methods and those QOL functions

https://github.com/gAndy50/EuOrx

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Orx Engine Wrapper Update #3

Great work Greg! I added a ReadME for how I built the the DLL using Orx with the CDECL calling convention.

One thing is I noticed you didn't have physics in the include directory. Did you get the physics functions I wrapped recently?

EDIT: After studying your code for a bit, I notice you have it different from mine. That's ok, its more organized, but I will need to study it some it more.

How is Eu 4.2 coming along? That memstruct features sounds very nice. :)

I have finished work on the updated orxKeyboard.e

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Orx Engine Wrapper Update #3

Icy_Viking said...

One thing is I noticed you didn't have physics in the include directory. Did you get the physics functions I wrapped recently?

I have not. What you see is what I've got. I basically copied and reformatted the wrappers you had wrote just enough so that I had what I need to make tutorial 01_Object.ex work.

Icy_Viking said...

EDIT: After studying your code for a bit, I notice you have it different from mine. That's ok, its more organized, but I will need to study it some it more.

One of my motivations for helping with this is to better demonstrate how I wrap libraries. I haven't really published many of the ones I've built since they're all in a state of mostly-complete and I'm trying to get 4.2 out the door so I can use memstructs instead of offset constants.

Icy_Viking said...

Getting there. The hardest part of publishing a release has been getting everything built, tested, and bundled. I've been working on sorting everything out so that it's entirely reproduceable in a Docker environment. I'd like to have GitHub Actions do a build each time there's a commit to the repo.

-Greg

4. Re: Orx Engine Wrapper Update #3

ghaberek said...
Icy_Viking said...

I have not. What you see is what I've got. I basically copied and reformatted the wrappers you had wrote just enough so that I had what I need to make tutorial 01_Object.ex work.

Icy_Viking said...

One of my motivations for helping with this is to better demonstrate how I wrap libraries. I haven't really published many of the ones I've built since they're all in a state of mostly-complete and I'm trying to get 4.2 out the door so I can use memstructs instead of offset constants.

Icy_Viking said...

Getting there. The hardest part of publishing a release has been getting everything built, tested, and bundled. I've been working on sorting everything out so that it's entirely reproduceable in a Docker environment. I'd like to have GitHub Actions do a build each time there's a commit to the repo.

-Greg

Still great to see. I hope 4.2 will be able to make it out door before the new year, but no rush. Thanks for helping with Orx. You have a very formatted way of wrapping libraries. I'm still used to wrapping libraries like it was Eu 3. The new features of Eu 4 do make wrapping libraries easier.

I have added the physics folder and the corresponding orxPhysics.e and orxBody.e files. However the new coded format will need to be written to them. I have finished the work on orxKeyboard.e and I have started working on orxMouse.e

EDIT: I have finished work on orxMouse.e

EDIT #2: I have fixed orxMouse.e typos, finished orxAnimSet.e, orxGraphic.e and started work on orxDisplay and orxTexture.e

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu