1. sqlite3 problem Need some ideas

euphoria 4.0.5 windows 10
I have used sqlite with euphoria successfully for years. Migrated to new machine due to hardware failure. Everything OK except that how I get an error message generated by eusqlite3.ew saying I need to install sqlite3.dll in Windows/system32. sqlite3.dll is there. All other software using sqlite functions OK.
I had this problem years ago and I cannot remember what the solution was.

Any ideas would be helpful.

regards, jd

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: sqlite3 problem Need some ideas

You've probably installed a 64-bit DLL but Euphoria 4.0 is 32-bit only.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: sqlite3 problem Need some ideas

Yes, you got it, sort of. I checked the .dll and it is the correct 32 bit version; however, it jogged my memory.
windows/system32/sqlite3.dll is correct but there is a second copy c:/sqlite/sqlite3.dll which is the 64 bit version. Apparently, euphoria, for some unknown reason, finds the wrong one when it searches the path.
Here is the operative line from eusqlite3.ew: SQLITE3_WIN_LIB_VER = "sqlite3.dll"
I apparently don't understand how c:\windows\system32\sqlite3.dll and c:\sqlite\sqlite3.dll fits in to all this.
I tried hard coding the complete path to system32\sqlite3.dll. Appparently you are not allowed to do this.
I can make it work simply by putting the 32 bit version in c:\sqlite\.
I guess I'll find out someday who needs the 64 bit version that was in the c:\sqlite\ directory..

thanks for the help
regards,
jd

4. Re: sqlite3 problem Need some ideas

Try putting that dll in windows\sysWOW64 instead (or the local directory)

On 64 bit, windows\system32 is now where the 64 bit dlls live and sysWOW64 is where the 32 bit ones live.

If you run procmon (google it) it'll show you the real error, buried amid thousands of other non-error messages...

5. Re: sqlite3 problem Need some ideas

I would recommend staying away from the Windows directory altogether. Just put the DLLs you need in your C:\Euphoria\bin directory.

If you need to ship your bound or translated application separately, put the DLLs in the same directory as your executable.

-Greg

6. Re: sqlite3 problem Need some ideas

Thanks guys. I learned something. At my age that's a miracle!

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu