Downloaded yesterday from GitHub Phix, when compiling swears
Cannot open autoinclude find.e
in f:\phix\,
f:\phix\builtins\VM\,
f:\phix\builtins\

and only the file is created pnew.exe

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix compiling error

Yeah, I've moved a few things about in prep for the next release, so I wouldn't expect the last commit to compile.

I suppose what I should really do is have a "broken" branch and merge it only when it's ready, but that's too much effort, and/or have a blurb on the github page that the tip is rarely in a compilable state, and that you should almost always rely on http://phix.x10.mx/download.php instead, or be prepared to hunt through earlier commits for one that will compile.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix compiling error

petelomax said...

I suppose what I should really do is have a "broken" branch and merge it only when it's ready, but that's too much effort

If you're curious, the Gitflow methodology is built around best practices for keeping "master" in a buildable release state while performing actual development in "develop" and feature-specific branches.

Although I'll admit I rarely, if ever, practice this myself. It's hard when you're generally a solo developer since these practices are only useful and sustainable when working with other people.

Named-feature branches also require ya know, naming things, which as we've learned is one of the two (or three) hardest things.

-Greg

4. Re: Phix compiling error

Hi, what will be new, what was fixed, extened ...

Drooling

Richard

5. Re: Phix compiling error

I just happened to watch this video about "continuous integration" vs. "feature branching". Pretty interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Ijkq6Myfc

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu