1. FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

For your information

I have noted that FreeDOS install Live-CD 1.3 RC3. Includes Eu3.1 for DOS. Not on the default install, but is an option on the install process. Not sure if can run Eu interpreter directly from liveCD

May someone want to play with virtual FreeDOS machines...

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.3/previews/1.3-rc3/

Also would be great if some of you test and send reports to FreeDOS community.

Marco Achury

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

achury said...

For your information

I have noted that FreeDOS install Live-CD 1.3 RC3. Includes Eu3.1 for DOS. Not on the default install, but is an option on the install process. Not sure if can run Eu interpreter directly from liveCD

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.3/previews/1.3-rc3/

It's been included as a FreeDOS package for while now, hasn't it? It's good to see it's still there.

I recently stumbled onto a few conversations from Jim Hall suggesting to remove several packages, one of which included Euphoria:

Do you know if it's still slated for removal at some point? Or are you working to keep it included in the Live CD? I noticed several messages from you to the FreeDOS mailing lists dating back to 2008-2012.

There's been a lot more interest in DOS over the past few years, especially for game programming. I wonder if we should work on revisiting DOS support for Euphoria 4.2 or later.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

ghaberek said...
achury said...

For your information

It's been included as a FreeDOS package for while now, hasn't it? It's good to see it's still there.

I recently stumbled onto a few conversations from Jim Hall suggesting to remove several packages, one of which included Euphoria:

Do you know if it's still slated for removal at some point? Or are you working to keep it included in the Live CD? I noticed several messages from you to the FreeDOS mailing lists dating back to 2008-2012.

There's been a lot more interest in DOS over the past few years, especially for game programming. I wonder if we should work on revisiting DOS support for Euphoria 4.2 or later.

-Greg

That's pretty neat Euphoria 3.1 is included in the FreeDOS distribution. Having DOS support with graphics functions like in Eu 3 would be a great idea for Eu 4.2 in my opinion.

4. Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

I disagree, it would be distracting, diverting effort from a small development team to an even smaller user base than Eu has now. 3.1 is more than adequate for DOS, and as long it continues to be made available, it doesn't mater whether it's removed from FreeDOS or not. If people want to experiment with Dos Eu 3.1, then just load up DOSBox.

Just my opinion

Cheers

Chris

5. Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

No, sorry, it would just create an opportunity to add bugs, and there aren't enough users to do the necessary testing.

6. Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

Icy_Viking said...

Having DOS support with graphics functions like in Eu 3 would be a great idea for Eu 4.2 in my opinion.

Don't let the naysayers get you down. You go for it boy. When do you think you'll be finished by? smile

PS Can you make FreeDOS run on Android and iOS, while you're at it? Ta. blink

7. Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

ghaberek said...

No, I am not active on FreeDOS, the same as Euphoria, I just enter somewhen to the forums and check for news. Yes, is nice that the Eu package continues there.

I really thing that Eu is the best programming language available today for FreeDOS. DOS is a nice platform for games on virtual machines, and for newbies that want to learn programming. Some of them may later move to Eu 4.x

Best regards

Marco A

8. Re: FreeDOS 1.3 RC 3 Includes Eu 3.1 !

achury said...

I really thing that Eu is the best programming language available today for FreeDOS. DOS is a nice platform for games on virtual machines, and for newbies that want to learn programming. Some of them may later move to Eu 4.x

Totally agree with all of that statement. But how many Newbies start by installing FreeDOS?

Cheers

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu