1. Phix's roadmap and user-requested new features

Pete, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the Phix roadmap and its development priorities?

Also, what are the chances that user-requested features could be implemented? I have in mind some (minor) syntactic improvements, among other things.

Keep up the great work, Pete.

Thanks

-GreenEuphorian

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix's roadmap and user-requested new features

GreenEuphorian said...

Pete, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the Phix roadmap and its development priorities?

Also, what are the chances that user-requested features could be implemented? I have in mind some (minor) syntactic improvements, among other things.

Keep up the great work, Pete.

Thanks

-GreenEuphorian

Right now I'm putting together a 0.8.3 release.
I've started on a rather ambitious plan but deliberately holding off on the details until I've got some actual working demos.
(I think the world has had quite enough grandious spouting about impressive vapourware that never actually materialises, don't you?)
Every year, naturally, sees less and less things I need or want in the language, so new features are naturally more and more user-driven.
However any feature has to be a reasonable fit, be achievable, and have a clear benefit along with a practical example or two, of course.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix's roadmap and user-requested new features

petelomax said...

I've started on a rather ambitious plan but deliberately holding off on the details until I've got some actual working demos.

If I may venture a guess, it's about compiling to Javascript or to WebAssembly. Or is it a REPL? Anyway, I sure hope it's one of those!

4. Re: Phix's roadmap and user-requested new features

p -android [proggy] -> proggy.apk

Just dreaming

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu