1. Phix/Gtk listview example

https://i.imgur.com/T4sgsJ9.png See the code: Pastey

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

Where are the include files for this demo?

be well
_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

There are 400 of them. 390 aren't tested at all. The other 10 are only partially tested. As a rough estimate, there are 3,000 routines to test. It may take a while.

4. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

All I need are the 10 wrapped includes.

If you can get a button, msg, list, to work then you have enough of a gui to compete with IUP.

Then, we can claim GTK works on Phix. After all, I still can't get IUP to work on my computer.

be well
_tom

5. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

_tom said...

I still can't get IUP to work on my computer.

Ah: After following the IUP instructions myself, as per the scrappy notes in demo\pGUI\lnx\installation.txt, I found it had installed
everything, but phix and ldd simply refused to find the files in /usr/lib64. The final bit of the puzzle was 'sudo ldconfig /usr/lib64'.
Now that it's working I can't (easily) prove that just 'sudo ldconfig' would be sufficient, or better. (Ubuntu 20)

Of course I'd love to see those notes knocked into half-decent shape, and then I could put them into the manual proper.
Were there any kind of script that would download the right things from sourceforge, I think I'd have spotted it by now,
so I think it's fair to say that anything useful like that simply does not exist...

6. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

I have a very specific problem, I can load libiup.so (and randomly a few others) but can load libiupcontrols.so (and most of the .so)

By this I mean, load_dll for libiup.so gives me a number, load_dll for controls.so gives me 0.

The result is : no pGUI

I have this problem with OE also, so I gave up on IUP.

One cludge would be to get a stripped out pGui based on libiup.so only? A few buttons, and you can do elementary demos.

I can give you my revised installation notes on installing Phix. Currently I am using MX Linux with KDE. Installing Phix and OE is quite simple.

be well
_tom

7. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

_tom said...

I have a very specific problem, I can load libiup.so (and randomly a few others) but can load libiupcontrols.so (and most of the .so)

By this I mean, load_dll for libiup.so gives me a number, load_dll for controls.so gives me 0.

Not dissimilar to what I had, before running ldconfig, that is when I tried explicitly telling it to load "/usr/lib64/libiup.so" or "./libiup.so", etc.

_tom said...

One cludge would be to get a stripped out pGui based on libiup.so only? A few buttons, and you can do elementary demos.

MK, in pGUI.e there's only I think about 6 lines from 1795 onward that rely on libiupcontrols.so, maybe you could try simply commenting those out?

_tom said...

I can give you my revised installation notes on installing Phix. Currently I am using MX Linux with KDE. Installing Phix and OE is quite simple.

Sure, erm, let's see if the above helps first.

8. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

Nice.

irv said...

There are 400 of them. 390 aren't tested at all. The other 10 are only partially tested. As a rough estimate, there are 3,000 routines to test. It may take a while.

Gotcha. I'm fairly eager to test as well, on Windows, which I expect you're not. Things might actually go smoother if (in your own time) you dribble things out rather than wait 12 months to dump all 400.
Equally, while you're making headway, there's no point sharing anything that's likely to just end up slowing you down.

9. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

petelomax said...
_tom said...

Not dissimilar to what I had, before running ldconfig, that is when I tried explicitly telling it to load "/usr/lib64/libiup.so" or "./libiup.so", etc.

_tom said...

MK, in pGUI.e there's only I think about 6 lines from 1795 onward that rely on libiupcontrols.so, maybe you could try simply commenting those out?

_tom said...

Sure, erm, let's see if the above helps first.

started commenting out stuff, ended up with a one liner "segmentation fault"

be well
_tom

10. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

_tom said...

All I need are the 10 wrapped includes.

If you can get a button, msg, list, to work then you have enough of a gui to compete with IUP.

Then, we can claim GTK works on Phix. After all, I still can't get IUP to work on my computer.

be well
_tom

Thank you, Tom. Now i don't feel so bad about not having any working windows gui interfaces that i wrote myself. Everything uses a "dos command console", much like the RDS trace/debugger, or early 1990's XT Gold program, or byte-banging popups to the C64 screen.

Kat

11. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

petelomax said...

Nice.

irv said...

Gotcha. I'm fairly eager to test as well, on Windows, which I expect you're not. Things might actually go smoother if (in your own time) you dribble things out rather than wait 12 months to dump all 400.
Equally, while you're making headway, there's no point sharing anything that's likely to just end up slowing you down.

If you do the "dribble" routine, aka "release often", i beg you to not follow win32lib's path. Apps which include win32lib don't specify a version as part of the filename, and most versions are not compatable, and in some cases neither are the include files. Ergo, stuff using it in the archives doesn't work. I'd rather be including a complete 20 MB of your wrappers with GTK for each program, than rely on one "include irvs_Gtk.exw" to work for all apps over the next 10 years. Future proofing.

Kat

12. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

Thanks, Kat.

That is a very good point. I will, before I go any further, incorporate a "requires xxx" function so that program and includes can be checked upon loading.

13. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

_tom said...

started commenting out stuff, ended up with a one liner "segmentation fault"

Sounds like https://openeuphoria.org/forum/134427.wc posts 10 & 11, which (you may be pleased to hear) as part of the fix for https://openeuphoria.org/forum/135309.wc#135309 was (on December 22nd) all uploaded to https://github.com/petelomax/Phix/blob/master/builtins/VM/pcfunc.e - did you ever fetch that & rebuild?

14. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

irv said...

incorporate a "requires xxx" function

I trust you'll call it gtk_requires() or requires_gtk(), and avoid clashing or getting confused with the new builtin requires() [not itself of very much help here I expect].

15. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

Well, I'm sorry, but I think that everyone's overlooked the most important thing here.

Bananas - less then $1 per lb!

Cheers Chris

16. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

ChrisB said...

Well, I'm sorry, but I think that everyone's overlooked the most important thing here.

Cheers Chris

Actually, organic bananas are 58 cents a pound today at WalMart smile .

17. Re: Phix/Gtk listview example

ChrisB said...

Cheers Chris

"than"

Kat

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu