1. Phix Struct to Euphoria

Hello all,

Is there any chance of the struct feature in Phix to be added to Euphoria in the next release? Or something similar? I know it has been discussed before, but having some sorta of struct support in Euphoria would do wonders when wrapping libraries. Also, is the next release of Euphoria coming soon?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix Struct to Euphoria

Icy_Viking said...

Is there any chance of the struct feature in Phix to be added to Euphoria in the next release? Or something similar?

I'd like to merge in Matt's memstruct branch but there are a few TODO items in c_struct.e that need addressing first. I haven't been able to get to these yet. I detailed my plans here: Roadmap42.

Icy_Viking said...

I know it has been discussed before, but having some sorta of struct support in Euphoria would do wonders when wrapping libraries.

Agreed. I think it's crucial to the continued life of Euphoria. We also need some more modern features in the standard library, like JSON, XML, GUI, etc.

Icy_Viking said...

Also, is the next release of Euphoria coming soon?

I don't know. Lately I think I've been the only one trying to keep the language moving and I haven't been able to accomplish much. Shawn's apparently still picking away at things but I haven't been able to address his pull requests either.

This whole pandemic shutdown has been pretty taxing on me as well since I've had to convert to working at home and that does not bode well for my ADHD. Now it's even harder to get things done since I almost never leave the house.

But the truth of the matter remains as it's been for a long time now: unless we can get some more volunteers to step up and contribute to developing the language, I can't say for sure when we'll see another release.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix Struct to Euphoria

ghaberek said...
Icy_Viking said...

Is there any chance of the struct feature in Phix to be added to Euphoria in the next release? Or something similar?

I'd like to merge in Matt's memstruct branch but there are a few TODO items in c_struct.e that need addressing first. I haven't been able to get to these yet. I detailed my plans here: Roadmap42.

Icy_Viking said...

I know it has been discussed before, but having some sorta of struct support in Euphoria would do wonders when wrapping libraries.

Agreed. I think it's crucial to the continued life of Euphoria. We also need some more modern features in the standard library, like JSON, XML, GUI, etc.

Icy_Viking said...

Also, is the next release of Euphoria coming soon?

I don't know. Lately I think I've been the only one trying to keep the language moving and I haven't been able to accomplish much. Shawn's apparently still picking away at things but I haven't been able to address his pull requests either.

This whole pandemic shutdown has been pretty taxing on me as well since I've had to convert to working at home and that does not bode well for my ADHD. Now it's even harder to get things done since I almost never leave the house.

But the truth of the matter remains as it's been for a long time now: unless we can get some more volunteers to step up and contribute to developing the language, I can't say for sure when we'll see another release.

-Greg

I'd help out if I knew what to put in those swtich cases that say TODO. I skimmed over the source code, but I'm not sure how I'd solve those TODO. I assume its simple, but my mind hasn't clicked with it, yet. I also agree that we need some more modern features in Euphoria to help it keep going and perhaps get some new blood in. Euphoria is already faster than Python, it just doesn't have the features Python has. I bet if it did, though, Euphoria would be quite the contender for a top programming language.

I'd love to help out, I'm just not exactly sure how to implement those features.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu