1. Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Hello,

I just downloaded the current Euphoria Windows version 4.1 and I was looking for an IDE for it.

I found a number of older links and one mentioning that the author passed away.

But I did not see one that I was sure would work with the current 4.1 version I downloaded.

Even if there is no longer a full IDE, if there is a Windows compatible plug-in for other IDEs such as Visual Studio Code that would help a lot.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Personally, I just use Notepad++ and command line. You can get the syntax files here: https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/editors/tree/master/notepadplus

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Back in (I think) 2017 I helped Chris Burch out with the IDE and the result of that ended up at http://phix.x10.mx/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.EnhancedIde2 (I think).
While I'm here, I'll point you at http://phix.x10.mx/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Win32lib7ForPhix which you may not need and http://phix.x10.mx/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.EuWinGuiPhixEdition which was also updated in 2017.

Bear in mind the above are all windows-32-bit only.

My own plade (win/lin/32/64) has not progressed very much recently...
If you are on linux then you should be looking at EuGTK.

4. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Hi

Yes, the ide is usable for Phix, there are one or two issues that I wanted to get round to fix, and I wanted to make it dual use for for Eu and Phix, but never quite got round to it - it's a project I will return to, but for my quick and dirty projects I use EuWinGui - again 32 bit only (sorry)

Theoretically, and with some effort, it shouldn't be too difficult to create a win64lib, and an IDE for this, but at the moment Ihave no appetite for it, as I don't have a need. Again it's a project for the future.

Cheers

Chris

Chris

5. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

ChrisB said...

Hi

Yes, the ide is usable for Phix, there are one or two issues that I wanted to get round to fix, and I wanted to make it dual use for for Eu and Phix, but never quite got round to it - it's a project I will return to, but for my quick and dirty projects I use EuWinGui - again 32 bit only (sorry)

Theoretically, and with some effort, it shouldn't be too difficult to create a win64lib, and an IDE for this, but at the moment Ihave no appetite for it, as I don't have a need. Again it's a project for the future.

Cheers

Chris

Chris

I wouldn't mind making a win64lib and a IDE for Euphoria that is Windows based. I'm just not sure where exactly to begin. I mean I have ideas for an IDE, but making win32lib to 64-bit, well I wouldn't be sure of how to go about that.

6. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Icy_Viking said...

I wouldn't mind making a win64lib and a IDE for Euphoria that is Windows based. I'm just not sure where exactly to begin. I mean I have ideas for an IDE, but making win32lib to 64-bit, well I wouldn't be sure of how to go about that.

The major issue is that all of the structs in Win32Lib are wrapped as 32-bit only. The best approach would be to get memstruct finished and implemented and then rebuild Win32Lib around that, so it would seamlessly support 32 and 64 bit.

-Greg

7. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

ghaberek said...
Icy_Viking said...

The major issue is that all of the structs in Win32Lib are wrapped as 32-bit only. The best approach would be to get memstruct finished and implemented and then rebuild Win32Lib around that, so it would seamlessly support 32 and 64 bit.

-Greg

Getting memstruct finished and implemented would be great. It would also be a great help for wrapping C libraries as well.

8. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Icy_Viking said...

Getting memstruct finished and implemented would be great. It would also be a great help for wrapping C libraries as well.

If anyone is interested in helping, there are a several "TODO" sections in c_struct.e that need to be completed: https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/euphoria/blob/struct/source/c_struct.e

This prevents translated code from accessing nested memstruct or memunion members, which is admittedly a rather fringe use case, but should be supported nonetheless.

-Greg
Forked into: Development of memstruct

9. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

aiguy said...

Hello,

I just downloaded the current Euphoria Windows version 4.1 and I was looking for an IDE for it.

I found a number of older links and one mentioning that the author passed away.

But I did not see one that I was sure would work with the current 4.1 version I downloaded.

Even if there is no longer a full IDE, if there is a Windows compatible plug-in for other IDEs such as Visual Studio Code that would help a lot.

Hello, aiguy.

There is RedyCode (http://redy-project.org/). It is written in pure Euphoria, including the widget library itself. It has some unique features and a GUI frontend for binding, translating, and building EXEs. I admit it has some flaws, but it's complete enough that i use it to edit and build itself.

10. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Hi

I've been doing a bit of tidying up of win32lib and the IDE, so it's working quite nicely with Eu4.1 now. Its by no means perfect, but I'll trim it down to an installation package.

It includes lots of nice demos. It is still only 32bit but runs quite well nevertheless, and makes a nice development environment.

I will post it to the wiki when I'm reasonably happy.

Cheers

Chris

11. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Hi

I've tweaked win32lib and IDE 1.04, available for download as a package. Go here for the install.

It also contains all the demos, lots of docs, and Wolfgang Fritz's Wintutor.

Any bugs, suggestions or letting me know I'm stepping on anyones toes let me know here.

12. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Will this IDE and link only work for 32 bit?

I downloaded/installed the 64-bit Euphoria but when visiting your link for the IDE I was see 32 bit a good bit.

Or will the IDE work for both 320bit and 64-bit Euphoria?

13. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Hi

32 bit programs will work on 32 bit AND 64 bit systems

Win32lib is only 32bit

64 bit programs cannot access 32 bit DLLs

32 bit programs cannot access 64 bit DLLs

32 bit programs run on 64 bit machines, and use 32 bit DLLs

Win32lib will not work with 64bit eu, 64 bit eu cannot access the 32bit windows DLLs that exist on 64 bit systems for backwards compatability. It is likely that at some point in the future 32 bit DLLs will be phased out.

So to answer your question, win32lib is 32bit only, but will run on 64 bit systems, but you MUST use 32 bit Eu to do so.

Cheers

Chris

14. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Are there and IDE settings I can tweak to change the IDE font.

They are readable but look very pixelated on my Windows 10 system.

I am guessing maybe this was written to be cross platform so the font are not Windows standard.

Just wasn't sure since I have a large monitor if there was a font size or font type setting hidden somewhere in setup that I missed.

15. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

Hi

Not sure. If you read the install notes it wasn't written by me, but I will have a look.

As far as cross platform goes, well it was originally written for windows 95/98, and the carried on to xp and beyond, by many more programmers far better than myself.

Cheers

Chris

16. Re: Link to current IDE for 4.1?

ChrisB said...

Are there and IDE settings I can tweak to change the IDE font.

Hi the simple answer to this looks like no. I can change the fonts of one or two of the controls in the IDE, but not on a global basis, or in a way that changes the size of the control in a logical manner.

You can change the font properties of the program you are creating on a control by control basis within the properties sheet for that control.

It is certainly possible, but it would require some major changes to the IDE.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu