1. [tutor] Exercism: Three Problems

Accumulate

Implement the `accumulate` operation, which, given a collection and an operation to perform on each element of the collection, returns a new collection containing the result of applying that operation to each element of the input collection.

Given the collection of numbers:

- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

And the operation:

- square a number (`x => x * x`)

Your code should be able to produce the collection of squares:

- 1, 4, 9, 16, 25

Check out the test suite to see the expected function signature.

Pastey Solution

https://openeuphoria.org/pastey/327.wc

Acronym

Convert a phrase to its acronym.

Techies love their TLA (Three Letter Acronyms)!

Help generate some jargon by writing a program that converts a long name like Portable Network Graphics to its acronym (PNG).

Pastey Solution

https://openeuphoria.org/pastey/326.wc

Allergies

Given a person's allergy score, determine whether or not they're allergic to a given item, and their full list of allergies.

An allergy test produces a single numeric score which contains the information about all the allergies the person has (that they were tested for).

The list of items (and their value) that were tested are:

• eggs (1)
  • peanuts (2)
  • shellfish (4)
  • strawberries (8)
  • tomatoes (16)
  • chocolate (32)
  • pollen (64)
  • cats (128)

So if Tom is allergic to peanuts and chocolate, he gets a score of 34.

Now, given just that score of 34, your program should be able to say:

- Whether Tom is allergic to any one of those allergens listed above. - All the allergens Tom is allergic to.

Note: a given score may include allergens not listed above (i.e. allergens that score 256, 512, 1024, etc.). Your program should ignore those components of the score. For example, if the allergy score is 257, your program should only report the eggs (1) allergy.

Pastey Solution

https://openeuphoria.org/pastey/325.wc

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [tutor] Exercism: Three Problems

Having been out of the Euphoria universe for a while, which testing framework will you be using? The Haskell ones use stack, the javascript npm, the C# XUnit, Perl Test::Simple (I think). Eu has its own, no?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [tutor] Exercism: Three Problems

Added my versions to the pasties.

4. Re: [tutor] Exercism: Three Problems

bruce_axtens said...

Having been out of the Euphoria universe for a while, which testing framework will you be using? The Haskell ones use stack, the javascript npm, the C# XUnit, Perl Test::Simple (I think). Eu has its own, no?

Euphoria has std/unittest.e

As examples, the source-code for Euphoria is a "tests" directory for interpreter and include files.

_tom

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu