1. Phix+EuGTK

Has anybody ever tried, or is it possible, to use EuGTK for Phix?

Oops. I did just find this.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix+EuGTK

EuGtk for Phix uses the Euphoria std/lib a lot. It also seems to use unique Euphoria syntax. Looks like translating euGtk to Phix will take a lot of work.

Console programs will work on Euphoria and Phix.

IUP gui will work on Euphoria and Phix. The wrappers are different but IUP remains the same. (My frustration with IUP is that 32bit Linux is no longer supported.)

JAPI I think will work on Euphoria and Phix. (You need to install Java for this.) The JAPI interface is a bit old looking.

Tcl/tk can be used on Euphoria and Phix. (The tk gui is satisfactory, and it works on 32 bit Linux)

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix+EuGTK

The JAPI2 interface uses Java Swing, which, although now superceded by JavaFX, looks, in my view, cleaner than IUP, wxwidgets, win32lib, tcl/tk, etc.

I haven't tried it on Phix though!

4. Re: Phix+EuGTK

No. I have tried to convert EuGtk to work with Phix, and got a basic window and button to work, but as noted above, it would be a major job. Different libs, etc.

If I recall correctly, there were some things not yet implemented in phix which were "show stoppers". Those would require writing significant amounts of code to implement and test.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu