1. [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

The main wiki page has links to editable OpenEuphoria docs

Anyone can edit these pages.

The wiki does not have the capacity to host long pages. That means documentation files have to be split over several pages.

_tom

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

_tom said...

Anyone can edit these pages.

The wiki does not have the capacity to host long pages. That means documentation files have to be split over several pages.

_tom

Great! However, there's a bug when saving an update:

Content-Type: text/html Internal Error

Fatal run-time error: sequence found inside character string

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

I will try using smaller page breaks to see if this helps. I will redo the "installation" links.

_tom

4. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

Works on smaller pages - I updated installing 2 to remove the Nightly Ubins paragraph.

5. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

I have added a few more pages. Now is the time for Euphoria fans to vent their energy in saying anything about the documentation.

_tom

6. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

_tom said...

The OpenEuphoria wiki page says, "This is the brand name for the branch of Euphoria Programming Language that is being maintained and developed by the OpenEuphoria Group."

That's not accurate.

Euphoria is still the name of the language; its governance has been taken over from Rob Craig by the OpenEuphoria Group, and it has been advanced to version 4.1. But it's still "Euphoria."

That's my understanding, at least. We should all agree so there's no confusion when we're discussing it or marketing it.

7. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

euphoric said...

The OpenEuphoria wiki page says, "This is the brand name for the branch of Euphoria Programming Language that is being maintained and developed by the OpenEuphoria Group."

That's not accurate.

Euphoria is still the name of the language; its governance has been taken over from Rob Craig by the OpenEuphoria Group, and it has been advanced to version 4.1. But it's still "Euphoria."

That's my understanding, at least.

This is my understanding as well. As far as I'm concerned, Euphoria is the thing, OpenEuphoria is the community.

euphoric said...

We should all agree so there's no confusion when we're discussing it or marketing it.

Agreed.

-Greg

8. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

OpenEuphoria is "the community of Euphoria Language and Phix Language enthusiasts."

Euphoria is "the language, maintained by the OpenEuphoria Group from version 4 and up, is the open-sourced language first developed by Robert Craig as Euphoria."

Are we allowed to use the name "Euphoria"? Is there any conflict between Euphoria (RDS from 1 to 3) and Euphoria (OpenEuphoria Group from 4 and up)?

_tom

9. Re: [documentation] Wiki for editing documentation

_tom said...

Are we allowed to use the name "Euphoria"?

Yes.

_tom said...

Is there any conflict between Euphoria (RDS from 1 to 3) and Euphoria (OpenEuphoria Group from 4 and up)?

Nah! grin

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu