1. I was a little bored...

and this arrived in the inbox

Hi openeuphoria.org 
I’m sure improving your sales team’s productivity and getting enough hits/visitors is a top priority for you. 
I thought I’d send you “Few Ways to Boost Your Sales Productivity” for you to review 
·  We will give you First page ranking on Google, Yahoo, and Bing. 
·  Improve your organic traffic and sales. 
·  Secure your website from Google penguin updates 4.0 
·  Increase your conversion rate. 
·  Target your local market to increase business. 
·  If you are not satisfied with our results then we will refund your money as per the money back guarantee policy. 
If you’d like any additional information about it, I’d be more than happy to have a quick chat over the phone. 
Just let me know if you have any questions or would like to have a more in-depth conversation. I’m here whenever you need me. 

So I've passed him your name Greg, after all, think about, first page ranking for Mongoose sticker sales! Improved organic sales! Google penguin! (?)

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: I was a little bored...

ChrisB said...

So I've passed him your name Greg, after all, think about, first page ranking for Mongoose sticker sales! Improved organic sales! Google penguin! (?)

Oh gee, thanks Chris, I'm sure I'll be in touch. pleased

Oddly enough, by Googling "euphoria programming language" I came across this post on Quora: https://www.quora.com/Whats-wrong-with-the-Euphoria-programming-language

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: I was a little bored...

I would encourage ignoring that email and looking into SEO yourselves. The SEO of this site is pretty decent currently. One helpful thing you could do is change the home page's title from "OpenEuphoria: News index" to one of the following:

OpenEuphoria: The Euphoria Programming Language

OpenEuphoria: A fast and simple Programming Language (you can use any descriptive words you'd like)

Examples of titles from other languages:

A lot of titles also don't line up well with the url or keywords on the page. The formatting of these titles are also important. Currently every title is Prefixed "OpenEuphoria: X" when it is better to have X - OpenEuphoria. I can do a thorough analysis later if you are interested and I would do it for free.

4. Re: I was a little bored...

davidbruce said...

I would encourage ignoring that email and looking into SEO yourselves.

I was planning to. I don't respond to random solicitations like that.

davidbruce said...

The SEO of this site is pretty decent currently.

That's good to hear!

davidbruce said...

A lot of titles also don't line up well with the url or keywords on the page. The formatting of these titles are also important. Currently every title is Prefixed "OpenEuphoria: X" when it is better to have X - OpenEuphoria. I can do a thorough analysis later if you are interested and I would do it for free.

This alone is pretty solid advice, and I'll work that title layout into the page templates for my rewrite of the website. Thanks!

-Greg

5. Re: I was a little bored...

ghaberek said...

Oddly enough, by Googling "euphoria programming language" I came across this post on Quora: https://www.quora.com/Whats-wrong-with-the-Euphoria-programming-language

Interesting. I think it's still a great language for desktop OSes. I'm wondering if there's a way to take the translated code and massage it so it can go to mobile platforms.

6. Re: I was a little bored...

euphoric said...
ghaberek said...

Interesting. I think it's still a great language for desktop OSes. I'm wondering if there's a way to take the translated code and massage it so it can go to mobile platforms.

We could probably do something with the C translator and do something like Boden. https://github.com/AshampooSystems/boden

SDL2's mobile target would probably be an easier avenue to pursue though.

7. Re: I was a little bored...

davidbruce said...

We could probably do something with the C translator and do something like Boden. https://github.com/AshampooSystems/boden

I think the most direct route to mobile use would be to package an application as a shared library, and then have a shim application that acts as the "front end" to the Euphoria code. I'm pretty sure this is basically how things like Xamarin work. You build your "shared application logic" in C# and then build the UI native for each platform. Or, you can use the more limited cross-platform toolkit, which basically does all of that for you. My experience with this is limited.

-Greg

8. Re: I was a little bored...

davidbruce said...

SDL2's mobile target would probably be an easier avenue to pursue though.

The raylib lib (mentioned recently) says it's mobile-platform compatible as well...

9. Re: I was a little bored...

I think what you guys should concentrate on is accuracy of results and “NO BUGs”. “Speed” does not matter and becomes a big issue when the system crashes at high speed! You have a compiled executable available (at least under Windows) which is what matters and the “Interpreter” is a plus point, because you can test easily while developing.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu