1. Installing 32-bit and 64-bit on the same system and running them conveniently

Forked from Re: EuFLW 3.3 Released!

euphoric said...

I think mine is defaulting to the 32-bit Euphoria. Not sure how to run the 64-bit version with it, but I tried with the "Run with..." prompt in Windows and it gives the same "bad routine number" error.

Would it be reasonable to set up Euphoria so that my 32-bit executables are eui32.exe and euiw32.exe, and the 64-bit executables are eui64.exe and euiw64.exe?

How would that best be served? Would that cause more problems than it solves?

It seems like if I could run "eui32 myapp.exw" or "eui64 myapp.exw," it would be pretty convenient and useful.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Installing 32-bit and 64-bit on the same system and running them conveniently

This is my recommended solution: https://usingeuphoria.com/multiple-versions-of-euphoria-on-windows-10

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Installing 32-bit and 64-bit on the same system and running them conveniently

ghaberek said...

I'm familiar with that method, and should probably do that. I do have 32-bit and 64-bit runnable from Notepad.

But what about from the commandline? I guess making a batch or executable for each one would have to be done there. eui4132, eui4164, etc...

4. Re: Installing 32-bit and 64-bit on the same system and running them conveniently

euphoric said...

I'm familiar with that method, and should probably do that. I do have 32-bit and 64-bit runnable from Notepad.

But what about from the commandline? I guess making a batch or executable for each one would have to be done there. eui4132, eui4164, etc...

If you're creating the command scripts (batch files) on your desktop, then you can launch each one to get a shell for that version. So running "eui" (or "ex") in each shell gives you the respective version. This is why I've got them color-coded, so you know which environment you're in at a glance. I developed this method when I started working on the new wxEuphoria, because I wanted to be able to quickly test it on 32 and 64 bit after a build, and I got sick of switching environments manually.

-Greg

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu