1. [pGUI] How to Ignore Keystroke After IupText Processes It

I have a textbox, and I don't want the parent control to respond to keystrokes entered into it. What do I return? IUP_CONTINUE and IUP_DEFAULT seem to propagate the keypress thru to the parent. IUP_IGNORE didn't work either.

Do I need to figure out who has focus first before processing it?!

Added: Doing a test in the parent's keypress callback seems to catch it.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [pGUI] How to Ignore Keystroke After IupText Processes It

euphoric said...

What do I return? IUP_CONTINUE and IUP_DEFAULT seem to propagate the keypress thru to the parent. IUP_IGNORE didn't work either.

That exhausts your options.

It has been a while, but I recall there is a problem with alt-keys, which it (wrongly) assumes must be menu shortcuts.

There is a new release of IUP just out (good job I dragged my feet on the one before), maybe that'll help (but I doubt it).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [pGUI] How to Ignore Keystroke After IupText Processes It

petelomax said...
euphoric said...

What do I return? IUP_CONTINUE and IUP_DEFAULT seem to propagate the keypress thru to the parent. IUP_IGNORE didn't work either.

That exhausts your options.

It has been a while, but I recall there is a problem with alt-keys, which it (wrongly) assumes must be menu shortcuts.

There is a new release of IUP just out (good job I dragged my feet on the one before), maybe that'll help (but I doubt it).

I actually hit on the solution that I ultimately confirmed in one of the demos... testing if that particular control has focus and ignoring if it does.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu