1. EuMVC:Can't Create Session Directory

I'm attempting to set up and use sessions, since I need some user functionality. I'm getting an error that it can't create session/. Obviously a file write permission problem.

What's going to be the workflow here? Is there a way to allow EuMVC to make and manipulate the file resources it needs, or is this going to be a manual thing that will have to be set up for each site/app? If the latter, can you post some docs in that regard?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: EuMVC:Can't Create Session Directory

euphoric said...

What's going to be the workflow here?

I'd like to implement more control over session storage soon. Currently, you can set SESSION_PATH as an environment variable to override it. Adding set_session_path() would be trivial as well. In the long run, I'd like to implement some hooks so that you can use your own read/write and get/set methods, to store session data elsewhere, like a database. I might even implement a mechanism where it'll use your existing database if its open when you call start_session(). I'm open to suggestion here.

euphoric said...

Is there a way to allow EuMVC to make and manipulate the file resources it needs, or is this going to be a manual thing that will have to be set up for each site/app?

Either set SESSION_PATH to a world-writable directory, like /tmp/session or create the directory on your own and assign the apache or www-data user write permissions to it.

euphoric said...

If the latter, can you post some docs in that regard?

I can include some verbiage about possibly having to create the directory manually. This is going to be a "YMMV" situation since everyone's going to have different intentions for how they want to write their application.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu