1. [OT code of conduct] Labeling Offenders

The code of conduct "should" be off topic because there should be no need for a code of conduct. It is obvious that a forum post must be on topic (Euphoria centric) and polite.

To help readers who enjoy spam and flamewars your topic must be labeled as such.

The "deleted posts again?" topic has been labeled by me as [spam ignore].

_tom

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [OT code of conduct] Labeling Offenders

_tom said...

The code of conduct "should" be off topic because

The "deleted posts again?" topic has been labeled by me as [spam ignore].

_tom

Good point except for one thing: calling it "spam" is aggressive and labeling it "ignore" is opinion. Neither word addresses anything, but does upset the original poster. How about simply labeling it [OT] because it is plainly obviously not about coding, and let others decide to ignore it or not? We can tell by the title what the thread topic is.

Normally, i'd agree to delete the threads about being banned, moderated, or deleted, but on this forum it's such a common event. An admin doesn't like what someone says, and takes some action, and that action starts another thread about the action plus the original. May i suggest that if you delete a thread about an admin's actions, you delete that admin too, as inappropriate performance of duties?

Besides, moving the conversation to admin@ doesn't work. I sent another email days ago and got nothing back.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [OT code of conduct] Labeling Offenders

katsmeow said...

How about simply labeling it [OT]?

What a crock of bullshit. There's no need to even do that much. You people are all crazy.

4. Re: [OT code of conduct] Labeling Offenders

bern said...
katsmeow said...

How about simply labeling it [OT]?

There's no need to even do that much.

You're correct, it's not necessary, it's a courtesy. This forum is about programming, it's all some people come here for, and the [OT] simply lets people know a particular thread isn't about programming.

Other labels might be: [Vote] , [Help] , [ForSale] , [PartNeeded] , [FeatureReq] , [FAQ] , [Alignment] , etc.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu