1. Not able to use EuGTK

I am working on Linux Debian-8. I downloaded EuGTK4.12.2.tar.gz and unzipped it creating a demos folder. I entered it and tried to run the example code files, but with most, I get following error:

abcde@debian-netinst:~/0-euphoria/demos$ eui test1.ex 
<0212>:: Internal Error at /home/abcde/0-euphoria/demos/GtkEngine.e:1 
    <0268>:: Scanner unhandled class 0 

Press Enter 

Fatal run-time error: 
<0213>:: Failed due to internal error. 

Where is the problem and how can this be solved. Thanks for your help.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Not able to use EuGTK

I have no idea what that message means, never seen it before. It's especially odd to fail on line 1 (namespace).

Please provide some details, such as which version of Euphoria, 32 or 64 bit, processor type, and which Debian 8 (Cinnamon, KDE, gnome, etc.) If I can match your hardware setup, I'll install the matching version of Debian and test it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Not able to use EuGTK

I installed OpenEuphoria by installing euphoria_4.0.5_i386.deb file. Hence, I have commands like eui and euc which I have been using on other code without any problem. The import files have also been loading without any problem.

Operating system is Debian Stable version 8 - 32bit (Version 9 has recently been released but I have not upgraded as yet). The desktop is KDE.

EDIT: Found the problem: the GtkEngine.e file was totally corrupted. The error disappeared on re-extracting it from the gz file.

4. Re: Not able to use EuGTK

Good. The only 32-bit computer I have left is about 15 years old. I wasn't looking forward to dusting that off and trying to load a current OS.

5. Re: Not able to use EuGTK

irv said...

Good. The only 32-bit computer I have left is about 15 years old. I wasn't looking forward to dusting that off and trying to load a current OS.

My computer is 64bit but OS is 32bit since some applications still remain 32 bit only and may be difficult to run on 64bit OS (although things seem to have changed recently).

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu