1. Phix : IDE 104 Phix edition project

Hi

Project aims : to make a version of IDE that runs under Phix, and produces programs that can be run from the run button in the IDE.

Secondary aims : to create an IDE that will run as an exe that will create either eu programs, using the environment variables and eu.cfg, OR a Phix program that does not require eu.cfg or the environment variables. There are internal IDE uses of these that need to be addressed to allow switching between Phix and Eu.

Status : Working under Phix - does produce an Eu program, that immediately crashes as it cannot find the various libraries / interpreters it needs. Have discovered the label background color bug (the infamous, and now shown not be, manifest bug), and created a fix for the options dialogue. Am currently tracing where a label is added to the design window, so that I can set it's background property to that of a window at add time.

To Do : labels (see above)
Add a tab for interpreter selection (done)
Based on selections here, adjust use of environment variables (eg whereEu variable).

That's pretty much it. Sounds simple, but these references are scattered all over, so will likely need to do quite a bit of tracing to track them down.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix : IDE 104 Phix edition project

Just being curious, would you say that the IDE is any good, or pretty useless, at building a UI such as http://phix.x10.mx/docs/Images/ui.png
(obviously the non-brown bits are transparent)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix : IDE 104 Phix edition project

Now there's a leading question, and perhaps a topic for Phix IDE!

In answer to your question, totally and utterly useless to create dialogues that look like that. Not the point though - how did you build that - hard coding or drag'n'plonk?

Besides, this isn't just an exercise in having a fully functional and IMHO beautiful (thanks Judith) IDE back again, with a programming language that's taken a (again IMHO) positive lurch to the side, it's an exercise in me tracking down stuff in the IDE, and perhaps applying it to good looking interfaces like that one.

Note the win32lib as it stands now, can create transparent windows, and odd shaped windows, on which you can draw / paint whatever interface you want - it just takes a little longer to code.

Cheers

Chris

4. Re: Phix : IDE 104 Phix edition project

ChrisB said...

how did you build that - hard coding or drag'n'plonk?

It was just some horrible BASIC thing I stumbled on a couple of weeks ago, while idly searching for something to kick-start my IDE.
The one thing I have decided is that I have to finish the IUP docs before anything else.

ChrisB said...

Note the win32lib as it stands now, can create transparent windows, and odd shaped windows, on which you can draw / paint whatever interface you want - it just takes a little longer to code.

Actually, I just remembered http://www.rapideuphoria.com/cgi-bin/asearch.exu?dos=on&win=on&lnx=on&gen=on&keywords=skinned - is that what you meant, or has that been improved on?

Pete

5. Re: Phix : IDE 104 Phix edition project

Hi,

Look forward to the IDE, and yes, that was one of them.

Cheers

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu