1. Phix : Windows 8.s issues.

Hi

I shall prefix all my Phix related questions with Phix : from now on - might be an ide for everyone to do the same.

When I was running Phix on my Windows 7 machine at work, all the demos, Edita and pGui worked fine. At home on my Windos 8.1 machine, Edita, pGui and several win32lib programs, and some arwen demo programs don't work.

A console / cmand screen pops up, withe ither pw or p, with a blinking cursor, and nothing alse, as if the program ahs just stopped. No error report, no indication of where the stop occured, ne ex.err, nothing.

What's more if I put a puts to try to trace the program, nothing appears, either with p or pw.

How can I investigate this, is there a Phix debug mode? I suspect this is a dll linkage issue, again.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix : Windows 8.s issues.

It might be an include file issue.

I've seen a couple of cases where it pig-headedly tries to load an include file that does not exist.
More than once, running p -cp has solved the issue.
If it happens to me again I'll investigate more thoroughly.
One cause I recollect is that psym.e expects a file to define some routine that it no longer does.

For now I'd suggest you install a copy of procmon to see what it is doing.
Changing the setting of showfileprogress in p.exw and running p -cp may also help.

Pete

Edit: uncommenting that --?binftab[fno] in psym.e/getBuiltin() might also help.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu