1. intepreter crash

Euphoria 4.05 euVide 1.0.6 win32libb 0.70.4a I have been working on a gui interface to a small database (edb). At present about 1700 lines of code. I used euVide to do the gui parts. After a small code correction I ran the program using the Euphoria interpreter. A Windows 7 window popped up telling me that the interpreter had stopped working. No error messages of any kind, anywhere. trace produced no useful information. I then began a long and exhausting procedure of creating a log file and printing something before each program line (often including any available variables) then flushing the buffer. The problem was isolated to a single statement:

txt = getData(handle) 

The variable handle is a euphoria constant that is set when the editbox is created. The value of handle at creation and just before the txt = getData(handle) statement are the same. I wrote a separate small program and thoroughly tested the getData() function. All was OK.
I have no explanantion for this - except... Awhile back I had a problem with the switch statement. After a lot of work I proved beyond any doubt that what was happening was the value of a constant was somehow changing. I no longer use the switch statement.

Anyone have any ideas. By the way, in the 10 or so years I have been using Euphoria this is the only time that I can remember that the interpreter has crashed. Usually it exits gracefully after pointing out that I am an idiot!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,
jd

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: intepreter crash

Try safe.e? Or is it "with define safe" now?

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: intepreter crash

Thanks,
That is a good idea. I will give it a try.

regards,
jd

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu