1. Javascript UI

There are a lot of nice Javascript UI libraries as W2UI, JUI or React.

How can these be interfaced with OE?

Jean-Marc

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Javascript UI

The best way is to make REST-Services in OE and AJAX-calls from JS to them. REST-Services are deployable as CGI or in a OE-HTTP-Server.

Volker

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Javascript UI

volkix said...

The best way is to make REST-Services in OE and AJAX-calls from JS to them. REST-Services are deployable as CGI or in a OE-HTTP-Server.

Volker

What does it mean for an old newbie? REST and CGI are some vague concepts for me. I tried once to get something done with Euphoria and CGI and I failed to do so.

Jean-Marc

4. Re: Javascript UI

jmduro said...
volkix said...

Volker

What does it mean for an old newbie? REST and CGI are some vague concepts for me. I tried once to get something done with Euphoria and CGI and I failed to do so.

Jean-Marc

Ok, I'll make an example until end of week.

"old newbie"? I'm 54 and in the "second spring"... So don't give up. smile

volker

5. Re: Javascript UI

Using Javascript is like trying to hold your left ear from behind your head using your right hand. It is workable but can't or should not be THE UI for any strong programming language.

6. Re: Javascript UI

unsteady said...

Using Javascript is like trying to hold your left ear from behind your head using your right hand. It is workable but can't or should not be THE UI for any strong programming language.

I'm still trying to find a newbie-friendly cross-platform UI, browser-based or not. Recently I reverted to EU 3 for some of my OE 4 programs because there is no problem with EU 3 and 64-bit Windows.

Till I discovered in this forum that 32-bit Linux could manage more than 3 GB RAM with PAE, I changed my Debian 8.3 AMD64 distribution to the same Debian 8.3 with a i686-pae kernel. Yet with Wine and the EU 3.1 combined installer, I can run Windows executables on Linux via Wine.

Jean-Marc

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu