1. LexerEuphoria.dll

Has anyone got prebuilt windows versions (32 and 64 bit) of this?

Trying to follow the instructions on https://bitbucket.org/ghaberek/editor/wiki/Running_from_Source gave me predictable results:

C:\MinGW\iup-3.17_Sources\iup\srcscintilla>mingw32-make 
../tecmakewin.mak:1639: iup_scintilla.wdep: No such file or directory 
The system cannot find the path specified. 
../tecmakewin.mak:1617: recipe for target 'iup_scintilla.wdep' failed 
mingw32-make[1]: *** [iup_scintilla.wdep] Error 255 
Makefile:11: recipe for target 'iup_scintilla' failed 
mingw32-make: *** [iup_scintilla] Error 2 

C:\MinGW\iup-3.17_Sources\iup\srcscintilla>mingw32-make install 
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop. 

Pete

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: LexerEuphoria.dll

petelomax said...

Trying to follow the instructions on https://bitbucket.org/ghaberek/editor/wiki/Running_from_Source gave me predictable results:

C:\MinGW\iup-3.17_Sources\iup\srcscintilla>mingw32-make 
../tecmakewin.mak:1639: iup_scintilla.wdep: No such file or directory 
The system cannot find the path specified. 
../tecmakewin.mak:1617: recipe for target 'iup_scintilla.wdep' failed 
mingw32-make[1]: *** [iup_scintilla.wdep] Error 255 
Makefile:11: recipe for target 'iup_scintilla' failed 
mingw32-make: *** [iup_scintilla] Error 2 

C:\MinGW\iup-3.17_Sources\iup\srcscintilla>mingw32-make install 
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop. 

Those directions are referencing the srcscintilla directory here: iup4eu/iup/srcscintilla. It's a small subset of their source code and mixed with my code required to build the LexerEuphoria library. It looks like you're trying to run mingw32-make in the original IUP source directory. If you've already built and installed the IUP libraries, you should be all set. Sorry if the directions are not clear, we can certainly make adjustments as needed.

petelomax said...

Edit: I can provide you a copy of my 32-bit Windows DLL I've been using if you need but I think you should be able to build the library correctly now. I will make sure the binary distribution of iup4eu includes a pre-built LexerEuphoria library.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: LexerEuphoria.dll

ghaberek said...

Those directions are referencing the srcscintilla directory here: iup4eu/iup/srcscintilla. It's a small subset of their source code and mixed with my code required to build the LexerEuphoria library. It looks like you're trying to run mingw32-make in the original IUP source directory. If you've already built and installed the IUP libraries, you should be all set. Sorry if the directions are not clear, we can certainly make adjustments as needed.

Thanks, that was indeed the problem and it built a 32-bit dll no problem, works fine. The "run from source" page should probably say you have to clone iup4eu as well as editor.

Now, next question: what do I need to do to build a 64-bit dll?

Pete

4. Re: LexerEuphoria.dll

petelomax said...

Thanks, that was indeed the problem and it built a 32-bit dll no problem, works fine. The "run from source" page should probably say you have to clone iup4eu as well as editor.

That documentation was written before editor and iup4eu were separate projects. I'll get it updated shortly. Done.

petelomax said...

Now, next question: what do I need to do to build a 64-bit dll?

I haven't tried it on Windows yet, but you should just need to use TDM-GCC-64 instead of TDM-GCC-32.

You are using TDM and not vanilla MinGW, correct? All the cool kids use TDM nowadays. blink

-Greg

5. Re: LexerEuphoria.dll

ghaberek said...

I haven't tried it on Windows yet, but you should just need to use TDM-GCC-64 instead of TDM-GCC-32.

OK, I've managed that now, and got a working 64 bit dll.

ghaberek said...

You are using TDM and not vanilla MinGW, correct? All the cool kids use TDM nowadays. blink

Not that it bothers me but I've now lost the ability to build 32-bit dlls... Guess I can uninstall TDM the next time I need to.

The vanilla mingw 32 bit dll weighed in at 122K, whereas the 64-bit TDM one is 2.5M - I guess I'll live but a 20-fold increase seems a bit excessive.

Pete

6. Re: LexerEuphoria.dll

petelomax said...

Not that it bothers me but I've now lost the ability to build 32-bit dlls... Guess I can uninstall TDM the next time I need to.

Check out the TDM-GCC: Quirks page. You can build 32-bit DLLs with TDM-GCC-64 by simply using the "-m32" flag.

petelomax said...

The vanilla mingw 32 bit dll weighed in at 122K, whereas the 64-bit TDM one is 2.5M - I guess I'll live but a 20-fold increase seems a bit excessive.

That's a known issue with GCC and 64-bit builds. Here's a thread about it: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=43601

Here are a few things you can try to get the size down:

• Add the -Os "Optimize for size" option to CXXFLAGS option in Makefile
  • Use strip to remove unnecessary symbols
  • Use upx to compress the executable data

-Greg

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu