1. SDL2 console widgets -- attn: Jean-Marc DURO

Which version(s) of euphoria were you using on Mint Linux? Both test programs failed on my Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit system, The ex.err files where too large to post here.

Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development 
   64-bit Linux, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: 2015-02-02 14:18:53, Id: 5861:57179171dbed 

/home/kenneth/euprogs/Structures/graphics/Tests/./Include/EuSDL2.e:41 in function SDL_Init()  
c_proc/c_func: bad routine number (-1)  
    flags = 29233 

... called from /home/kenneth/euprogs/Structures/graphics/Tests/test_gfx.ex:11  
/home/kenneth/euprogs/Structures/graphics/Tests/./Include/EuSDL2.e:41 in function SDL_Init()  

========================================================================================== 

... called from /home/kenneth/euprogs/Structures/graphics/Tests/test_gfx2.ex:57  

ex.err: 
    flags = 29233 

... called from /home/kenneth/euprogs/Structures/graphics/Tests/test_gfx2.ex:57  

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: SDL2 console widgets -- attn: Jean-Marc DURO

This is not related to OE version. Some prerequisites are not met. In a future release I will have to check for those prerequisites, but I can't check for all Linux systems.

To find which packages are missing, install as root package apt-file, then type apt-file update and apt-file search <file name> That may be the best way to check for missing packages instead of relying on a list of files to be maintained.

~ > sudo apt-file search libSDL2.so 
libsdl2-dev: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libSDL2.so 
~ > sudo apt-file search libSDL2_gfx.so 
libsdl2-gfx-dev: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libSDL2_gfx.so 

To get it run under Linux Ubuntu or Mint, you need to have following packets installed: libsdl2-dev and libsdl2-gfx-dev. Also check in EuSDL2.e and EuSDL2_gfx.e that the path to those files correspond to yours.

It should run then.

Jean-Marc

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: SDL2 console widgets -- attn: Jean-Marc DURO

Thanks, Jean_Marc,

Installing libsdl2-dev and libsdl2-gfx-dev did the trick.

Ken

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu