1. request for Shawn

Shawn, I started looking at the bug in http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/128827.wc and following the steps you outlined in http://openeuphoria.org/ticket/937.wc to see if it could be addressed, but I was stymied becasuse you deleted these coments.

I don't have a copy of these, so can you please restore them (in a forum post or a pastey) or at least send me a copy?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: request for Shawn

I deleted them because they were off topic. If you want to talk about things that have nothing to do with ticket 937, and post them in ticket 937, of course I will delete them. Why don't you use the mailing list or the forum here, or create a new ticket? I suspect you need to look at the C header files to solve this problem. The ARM constants in fenv.h were distinct to those in ix86. The exceptions make sense to me if they are INEXACT floating point exceptions rather than OVERFLOW or UNDERFLOW exceptions.

This happened to be the case on ARM as well.

Cheers

Shawn

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: request for Shawn

SDPringle said...

I deleted them because they were off topic.

I didn't ask why you deleted them, just that you give me a copy so I can follow your instructions which I no longer possess.

Since, however, you brought it up...

SDPringle said...

If you want to talk about things that have nothing to do with ticket 937, and post them in ticket 937, of course I will delete them.

At first I thought it might be related, which is why I posted them onto ticket 937.

Later, I agreed with you that they were off topic for that ticket. But I still delt that they were on topic for the forum.

The correct response to having posts in a forum thread not relevant to the thread's main topic is to move the off topic forum posts to a new thread. Likewise, the correct response to having off topic comments in a ticket is to move the comments to a new ticket or into a thread on the forum. (Unless the comments are so off topic (e.g. someone advertising used car sales) or violate the code of conduct, in which case there may be no appropriate location on the website for them.)

Hence, I just asked you to restore them in a forum post or a pastey - not on the ticket itself. I do not want you to restore the comments directly in that ticket.

SDPringle said...

Why don't you use the mailing list or the forum here, or create a new ticket?

I'd love to do so, but I no longer possess enough information to do that. I'll be happy to do it once you give me a copy of the comments, though.

SDPringle said...

I suspect you need to look at the C header files to solve this problem. The ARM constants in fenv.h were distinct to those in ix86. The exceptions make sense to me if they are INEXACT floating point exceptions rather than OVERFLOW or UNDERFLOW exceptions.

This happened to be the case on ARM as well.

Cheers

Shawn

Hmm. Could be even trickier then - we use 80bit long doubles on 64bit instead of the standard 64bit doubles that are used on 32bit.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu