1. weird problem: file downloaded != file uploaded

Every once in a while this happens. I modify a file, upload to my website, then download it from my website to see that it downloads correctly, and the change did not take. For example the file I upload is 718K, the file I download is 719K. When I open the 719K file I see that it is the old unchanged file. I tried this several times, each time taking care to upload the right file. What is happening?

Could it be that the computer has a copy of the old file in its memory and it is uploading that instead of the file I have on my hard drive? Or what?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: weird problem: file downloaded != file uploaded

Or the host wants to scan it for malware before making it available to your shell. Or you accidently uploaded, or downloaded, to the wrong harddrive (i have 24 drives active atm, this is easy to do when not paying attention), or the wrong directory (case sensitive?), or to the wrong computer. I tend to let the software mind itself on these things.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: weird problem: file downloaded != file uploaded

Probably, the upload form is broken and/or putting the uploaded file in the wrong place. Are you using the host's uploader, FTP, something else? Another possibility is that its being cached, try clearing the browser cache and trying again (the server would have to be misconfigured badly for this to happen to binary downloads though).

4. Re: weird problem: file downloaded != file uploaded

The problem got solved somehow. I don't know how. I emptied the cache in Chrome browser and then had me a sleep for a few hours. Then the file downloaded correctly.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu