Re: Migrating to Github

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

I have sent the github particulars to you directly.

You are free to use this account in any way for OE.

_tom

I received your email(s). Not sure why you sent two though...

You can keep the account if you'd like. In fact, I'd recommend it since you've used your email address and you'll probably want to contribute to the project.

The page I linked to details how to do that here. Basically you just need to rename the account and that should free up the organization name for us to use.

GitHub said...

Keep your personal user account and create a new organization manually

If you want your organization to have the same name that you are currently using for your personal account, or if you want to keep your personal user account's information intact, then you must create a new organization and transfer your repositories to it instead of converting your user account into an organization.

1. To retain your current user account name for your personal use, change the name of your personal user account to something new and wonderful.
  2. Create a new organization with the original name of your personal user account.
  3. Transfer your repositories to your new organization account.

You really only have to do step 1. I'll take care of the rest.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu