Re: Important question?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
kinz said...

Let's try again one of the 14 years old topics.
kinz

You can do better than that! This is valid code (just not in Euphoria or Phix) :

teststringexec { 
  set -u0 %test echo -s hello! 
  %test 
} 
I used it 20 years ago, and i still do, and i still want it, and other features, in OE. So for Jesse's #1 question, the future of Euphoria, it's the same as it was back then. Zero.

Getting a version of threading (task.e) might have been a big step except it could not be used in compiled programs. Just like nested sequences are syntax candy on dim'd arrays, OE has been candy on Eu v3.1. Rare special functions that could have made OE really stand out never happened. I still pay money for those functions in another language.

In all respect to those who did write new code for OE, you did what i couldn't do. But, look where OE is today. Those people who are running OE today got what they wanted, and it's now a static situation, slightly better than outright disappearing.

Kinz, it is better for yourself if you modify the OE source code and never tell anyone.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu