Re: Important question?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Rest assured I am not about to abandon Phix any time soon, and I expect to continue with my current track record of 2 or 3 releases a year.

The number one stumbling block for Phix is, of course, getting it -anything- to run on Android/iOS/etc. Still pinning my hopes on a-javascript-something.

The one man development team and at most 1 or 2 converts a year does not really help either.
Progress still happens though - in the past 5 years or so I can count threads, exception handling, cffi, bigatom, multiple assignment,
dictionaries, ipc, json, pGUI, regular expressions, libcurl, websockets, and litezip as valuable additions to the language.
Admittedly all perhaps somewhat moot given they will not run on a smartphone or tablet, though.

A couple of people mentioned built in struct - but as far as I am concerned, cffi is perfectly adequate.
Perhaps this should be forked into a new thread but I will qualify that last claim: cffi is functionally sufficient,
and maintainable, and I cannot see that a slightly prettier syntax would ever make the slightest difference.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu