Re: usingEuphoria.com is back online

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Thank you, Greg

Am both surprised and sorry that there has not been a series of responses praising these articles! I have found them very interesting as well as useful, and have learnt quite a number of practical things by reading and applying them.

One reflection on the article about using multiple versions on the same Windows PC: where would you recommend putting dlls when you are trying to run both 64 and 32-bit versions?

Perhaps some wisdom on using dlls is in the pipeline; I still find the reference in the manual to "normal search path" rather too vague for diagnostic purposes. Leaving aside the 32/64 issue, am I right to assume that there is also a C-compiler issue that makes some dlls load in V4.1.0-64 and not in v4.0.5-64, and vice versa? If so, this is not helped by the fact that some distributions of dlls give no clue as to how they were generated. (At least having the multiple versions makes testing these differences really easy, even if the outcome is not always clear!)

Please keep up the good work!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu