Re: Phix 0.7.7 uploaded

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
"I strongly disagree. Obviously, ALL applications MUST run on a 64-bit OS. That is a completely different requirement to the application must be 64-bit. In fact you just said you successfully ran a 32-bit Phix, presumably on a 64-bit box, to create a 64-bit Phix. See what I mean? "

you are wright - but my opinion is worth noting, when companies have different views/rules.

"The structure itself is not the issue. See builtins\VM\pHeap.e, line 110, for the full details. The problem is more of ownership, i.e. getting the reference counting right, and who gets to delete it. It would probably not be difficult to create a bunch of low-level routines as part of the dll to create/append/subscript/decref/etc a sequence. I am just worried that doing so might be rather fiddly, error prone, and not really worthwhile. "

you are wright, it might be rather fiddly. i guess i have to start to learn about pgui, interface pdfium and cryptosyspki, ... but i am optimistic, that one can do with the interpreter compiler and the language things pretty quick.

thank you very much for all the info.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu