Re: Simple question

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

You mean handling nested loops in the same way like balancing parenthesis/curly brackets etc, I suppose.
That could be handled by some type of macro that adds an endif on that level immediatly after you type an if and in the mean time ´shift' one position in a "color-structure" for the next time you need
It would take some 'book-keeping' inside the editor ofc, but IMHO it might be do-able. But OTOH, if you have to nest the if-constructs too deeply, you could intermittently use if..elsif..else..endif and switch..case..endswitch OR maybe add 4 new keywords: when... elsewhen..... finally.... endwhen.
The same way in fact you would try to avoid using the same words in an intelligent conversation.
An enticing puzzle for the long winter-evenings. OR ELSE one might consider going back to the drawingboard and find a cleverer solution in such an iffy situation. Who knows my old grey cells find something, but I guess they won't BEFORE I turn 72 next saturday ;P

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu