Re: Registering/capturing shortcut keys in Linux?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
TheDcoder said...

Preferably I want an example of a simple script which uses hotkeys/shortcuts and is not platform specific... but I am fine if it only works in Linux.

I am not so sure about simple examples, but if you use Pete Eberlein's euphoria source code editor, WEE, you can find a number of examples of how he implemented hotkeys using Irv Mullin's EuGTK. If you do not have WEE, you can down load it very easily: Create a folder called "Wee" and download updater.ex. Run "eui updater.ex" to download/update the files for your platform. Run "eui wee" to run the editor, or compile/bind/shroud it for convenience.

For a non-GUI example of how hotkeys are implemented under Linux you can study the sample editor edx.ex which is found in the euphoria installations bin directory. The relevant code can be found at the very beginning of the edx.ex source code.

Regards, Ken Rhodes

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu