Re: (rant) Three kinds of languages

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
rneu said...

This is exactly what I meant when I posted here: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/131148.wc#131148

Three kinds is a writing exercise. The raw material comes from people like you...thanks.

There are three kind of programming languages: clever, messy, and simple. Clever languages have features like OOP, lambda, monad, and maybe automagic. Enlightening to learn but never close to simple. However, most programming is done with a messy language. Messy languages mix historical leftovers with some interesting ideas. These are the conventional languages. Fiery supporters tell you they are easy (do you enjoy surprises?) and great (do you enjoy complexity?). Finally, the ideal is a simple language. Simple languages-- OpenEuphoria and Phix --are simple to learn, simple to use, and perform exceptionally well. You want to program in a simple language.

A better version I hope. It sort of includes the popular languages without naming names.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu