Re: Have itch? Become a developer.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...
Icy_Viking said...

I think having OpenEuphoria on github would be a great idea. It seems to be the place to be for open source code.

It is (was) already on github, so obviously that would not make any difference

Pete

Github, in itself, is not a panacea.

Invitation for a new developer...Building a clone repository of OpenEuphoria on Github is an exercise for a new developer--please give it a try. Don't wait for a non-programmer like me to work on it--just do it.

Downloading from Github instead of Sourceforge may be a preference for some people. Making it easier to download OpenEuphoria and Phix is a good idea.

I just googled to notice that "Euphoria" is: a drug, a local spa, a local smoothie establishment. At least "Euphoria Programming" or "Euphoria Language" are useful. "Sequence" does not result in a link to Euphoria programming. Google does not associate "atom sequence object" back to Euphoria. Google's idea of "simple": the usual hard to learn/use programming languages.

I'm willing to setup a github repository for the purpose of a secondary download site. First, I need a good project title for Euphoria/OpenEuphoria/Phix. Second, I need a descriptor of our languages.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu